There are many verses in scripture that teach us how to live as Godly, faith-filled, spirit-led women. Here are a few that are very specific for women:
- “…make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you.” 1 Thessalonians 4:11 NIV
- “Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” 1 Peter 3:3-4 NLT
- “Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” Titus 2:3-5 ESV
- “Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good. They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.” Titus 3:1-2 NLT
- and finally… Proverbs 31:10-31
The world bombards us with media outlets that teach us to live lives that are not pleasing to God. Many times, even as Christians, we get so used to the worldly standards, they seem right to us. But, God calls us to be set apart, and His ways look so different from the worlds ways, as you can see from the few scriptures I have noted above.
This week I want to share a resource that I have enjoyed. In normal times it is hard to find a Godly woman to mentor younger women, but if you aren’t able to go to church or meet for Bible studies it becomes impossible. Here is a media outlet that can provide the teaching we all need. Robin, on her Faith and Flour Youtube channel, provides videos that teach us what the Titus 2 scriptures recommend we learn… how to take care of our home, children, and husband. Her banner declares her to be a Jesus Follower – Wife & Mom – Homemaker.
On her youtube channel, I have watched her clean, cook, share tips on saving money, do her daily Bible study, honor her husband, serve her children and be especially kind and considerate of her special needs son who she provides gluten free meals for. She goes about her day with a peaceful and calm demeanor, working hard at whatever she finds to do, and demonstrates what living as a Proverbs 31 woman looks like. She started her channel in 2018. Below is a link that can get you started and you can follow her through her two years on youtube, learning as you go.
I have watched her share tips on minimalism, organization, capsule wardrobe, recipes, cleaning, Bible study, productivity and even learned an easy way to make sourdough starter. If you are searching for a Godly mentor to teach you how to live out the scriptures, I recommend you start here, with Robin’s channel.
Do you already have a Titus 2 mentor? If so, what do you consider the most important lesson you have learned from her?